yesterday, my grandmother and i took a spin uptown to see oscar de la renta’s resort 2011 collection. nonni has always been a fan and @oscarprgirl was nice enough to let us both attend. whilst there we bumped into jess from what i wore, keep an eye out she’ll most likely be posting some good pics real soon.
the collection was everything i’ve come to expect from de la renta- feminine, colorful and effortless (despite no doubt hours and hours of work). the evening wear boasted lots of volume, particularly in a kelly green number (00:13), a pink tiered gown (00:51) and silk faille jet embroidered cutout piece (00:56). aside from these usual successes, there were kitten heels pounding the runway and straw hats to boot. oh, did i mention he showed ipad cases? because he did, they’re ltd. edition, and will be for sale on-line only.
-mid-heels are back, she couldn’t be happier
-her stripe sweater was perfectly on point with this look.
-linda fargo has great hair
-favorite piece? the madras dress (00:49, mine too)
what do you guys think of the show?
- hollystair answered: linda fargo has the best freaking hair
- calivintage answered: weee! i love your video of the show. makes me wish i was there…
- twinb answered: although I’m not a fan of the hats I thought it was very nice!
- twinb likes this
- samheartnewyork answered: not bad— a bit typical for a resort show
- manicpixiedreamcat answered: Your grandmother is my idol!
- fairphantom likes this
- fairphantom answered: classy. I agree that 0:49 is one of the best, though I am also a fan of the voluminous green gown. hurray for mid-heels! I live in them.
- boyblair likes this
- chickinanugget likes this
- dotsdopery reblogged this from textbook
- notexactly answered: It was a great show.
- courtesyflush answered: I like that you took your nonni! Also love the mid-heel.
- texturism likes this
- dotsdopery answered: love it
- justzureen reblogged this from textbook and added:
- commonbloggers answered: test?
- commonbloggers likes this
- lovepuppy said: SO SO good!
- lovepuppy likes this
- razzthekidd likes this
- textbook posted this