emancipationjunkie asked about some doc martens and how to wear them and mentioned she owns and loves vinyl records, she blogs constantly, has some curves (right on) and loves accessories from the 40’s, 70’s and 80’s. given that information, i think she’s a little above doc martens. they permeate this clunky shoe image that is really difficult to pull off. if you’re going for that menswear look take a peak at these rachel comey shoes. they’re available at openingcermony.com, pricey but her shoes are pretty amazing and last forever. if they’re out of your range there are certainly similar pairs out there for less. wear them with some rolled jeans or khakis, or a spring type dress/skirt and you’ll be set to go…easy as pie.
if you’re heart is set on the doc martens, stick to jeans…avoid them with skirts and dresses. although, one commenter suggests you try a low pair with a 70’s dress. i’m pickin’ up what she’s putting down. tough to pull off but if you like it in the mirror, roll with it.
1: rachel comey essex/brogue slip on available and awesome at http://tinyurl.com/yaqrgmy
in other news, i’ve gotten several styling requests in my messages box. i’ve decided i like them so ask away. http://textbook.tumblr.com/ask
- burnfreezing likes this
- rosmhuire reblogged this from textbook and added:
- brooklyntree reblogged this from textbook
- leadencirclesdissolve likes this
- calivintage likes this
- bittemeinherr likes this
- alittlestringaroundmyfinger likes this
- kharon likes this
- annalisarose said: i disagree. i think low docs (black are the most versatile) can look good with some dresses. the woman who submitted might want to try a pair with a flowy 70s-style dress.
- cabotsearcy likes this
- awhitestraw likes this
- textbook posted this