Everybody knows the story of My Fair Lady. Two bored aristocrats happen upon a girl who might be a little down on her luck but because of the grit of the street they can’t see how pretty she is. They decide to take her under their wing as some kind of game or sport. A few scenes later they throw her in a nice dress and suddenly they fall in love because she’s beautiful. Rags to riches, blah blah blah. Maybe that was a little harsh, but that’s the basic story. Let’s watch Eliza’s transformation through the story, shall we?
1. I’m poor, buy flowers from me.
Skirt by Rodarte, shirt by Jil Sander, shoes by Chloe
2. Now I’m going to the embassy ball, yay!
Dress by Oscar de la Renta, shoes by Nina Ricci
3. I could have danced all night
Dress by Chloe, shoes by Dries Van Noten.
sidenote: these are out of order. but it looks better with the odlr in the middle, sue me.
All images from Vogue.
- briecksnation likes this
- agua-fiestas likes this
- dressbitch reblogged this from textbook
- live-aesthetically likes this
- zeedikay likes this
- rooftopsighting reblogged this from textbook
- alexandra-ewing likes this
- maryashouldbedoingsomethingelse reblogged this from textbook
- phoebebattlesthepinkrobots reblogged this from textbook
- une-fille-comme-moi reblogged this from textbook and added:
- biorockopera likes this
- deefa-eggilliams reblogged this from textbook
- ladyjcmuses likes this
- agirlneedsgoals reblogged this from textbook and added:
- npclaridad reblogged this from textbook
- eatmyfashion likes this
- thedandy-lion likes this
- jaded-mandarin likes this
- beyondmywildestdaydream reblogged this from textbook
- kaocow likes this
- heloiseagrippina likes this
- leadencirclesdissolve likes this
- thejasnicolelifestyle likes this
- cresell likes this
- flutterfits likes this
- nataly26 likes this
- textbook posted this