Me and a few other bloggers who write about the fashunz styled some holiday looks for Park & Bond. We ate lots of cheese while looking over the racks and of course I saw that Junya and flipped out. Check out the site for the rest of the looks and to shop all you want. Let’s get our apres ski on.
Forlorn snowman not included.
Erica and Lauren of Honestly…WTF did a little writeup about Textbook. Adjectives include: genius, witty and meticulous. I can live with that.
If you’re not familiar with their site, it’s pretty awesome. There are some really amazing DIY projects, lots of great commentary and the pair have certainly have a unique point of view. Get into it.
Now I’ll just have to do a post on Jo March for them…
Last night, I went to Barneys New York to visit Gaga’s Workshop. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect from the Mother Monster, but I knew it wasn’t going to be the typical scene of Madison and 60th. Here is a brief 30 point account of last night’s events.
- Cops! My car got sirened at. Fuck the police.
- Oh look, there’s Prabal Gurung wearing the Junya fair isle baseball jacket. Gotta cop some Junya at the CO-OP.
- Oh hey, I’m in the elevator now, aren’t we all excited?
- (I hope they have a bathroom in Gaga’s Workshop)
- The door is about to open, I’m definitely intrigued by the workshop. The doors open, drag queen statues everywhere talking at me.
- Hey look! It’s Bryan wearing a onesie and a feathered coat and Wendy who I haven’t seen in a long time! Let’s hang out you guys.
- Oh look, there’s lady Gaga’s face on a cookie! I’m going to eat you, girl.
- (I really need a bathroom)
- (There’s a bathroom on 6!)
- Go upstairs and talk about life with security guard by the bathroom while waiting for elevator. He works the night shift and has to be there till 6:00 am, ouch.
- Back downstairs
- Hey look it’s Leandra! Sweet man, we’re pals now because we did that thing together.
- Let’s get a drink, is there beer?
- No, no beer. I’ll take a gin and tonic then, delicious.
- No alcohol inside the workshop, only in the party room, which I’ve now named “The Champagne Room” and you can’t have sex their either.
- Oh, hello Blake Lively, let me try and lure you over here with this light-up bouncy ball. Why isn’t this working? I’ll just show your assistant. Assistant enjoys my bouncy ball skill.
- This place has everything: stuffed puff little monsters, a confection ring with fingers on it, press on rock nails, studded Michael Jackson gloves, flygrip iphone cases, a tiara for a wedding dress, a candle that cries tears from its eye canals, leather bound children’s books and an arachnid mother-monster.
- Seth Meyers asks, “what’s an arachnid mother-monster?”
- Stefon answers, “it’s that thing where they turn Lady Gaga into a giant spider full of Christmas presents and they explode all over a department store.”
- Moving on, Leandra and I bumped into Danny, he’s wearing the Versace for H&M overcoat, it’s pretty nice actually.
- Brad Walsh from twitter said hi and introduced himself, IRL.
- Whoa! There’s Lady Gaga and she’s wearing a crazy dress that Chanel had custom made for her.
- She’s getting closer, now is my chance to post a photo to facebook and prove that yes, I do have a life. Fuck you, high school!
- She poses with a fan, he is immediately cropped out of my picture.
- Phone dies and I get really pissed about it.
- Leandra tries on Michael Jackson gloves.
- I tell Leandra that I don’t think they’re a wise purchase.
- We go grab another drink, this place is crazy and we talk about stuff like thanksgiving and my house.
- My stomach craves indulgence and my work is calling my name.
- Cheeseburger with onion rings and bacon on it with fries.
So there you have it, my evening in 30 points. If you do have time, you should really check it out. In 6 weeks, the whole thing will be gone and despite some of the wilder items up there, I will be doing plenty of Christmas shopping in Gaga’s Workshop. If you can’t make it up to Madison, you can shop the entire collection on Barneys.com.
Good morning Tumblr Jedi. Here is my latest installment of Textbook x Esquire, this time we took a look at Steve McQueen so we could keep with the man, the myth, the legend theme we got goin on.
Here’s some more posts on Esquire.com and some other stuff:
Everybody has come across a Veruca Salt in their lives. You know the type: bitchy, rich and ungrateful. Makes me mad just thinking about it. You’ll remember Veruca from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, she’s the greedy brat that always wants more. First she wants a golden ticket, then she wants a golden goose then she starts yammering on about some bean feast and 10,000 tons of ice cream. Of course, like all imbalanced children that visit Willie Wonka’s factory, she gets her just desserts AND I AIN’T TALKIN’ CHOCOLATE.
image after the jump
Taking suggestions for a new character post, who would you guys like to see?
I respect your admiration for The Hunger Games but haven’t read them so let’s keep the Katniss requests to a minimum.
Look at them shoes dance. Dance shoes, dance!
Well, to be fair, the Disney versions are adaptations of classics.
You can find the stories in the original texts by Hans Christian Andersen, Charles Perrault, etc. A lot of them are just old folk tales.
So, knowing how big of a fan of Twilight I am, this post has been a long time coming. Like Bram Stoker’s vampires, Anne Rice’s are pretty badass. One of the the most interesting is Claudia. Unlike the rest of her kind, Claudia was made a vampire before she was an adult which leaves her to be a child for eternity. At first, that’s cool and her vampire fathers Lestat and Louis spoil her to no end. She ensnares her prey by being an angelic young child, often lost or in need. She murders at will and without care, ugh, kids. As decades wear on, Claudia becomes frustrated that she’ll never experience life as an adult. Her frustration turns to blind rage and she murders Lestat (but he don’t die!) and she and Louis flee to Europe to find more about their vampire roots. In Paris, the pair revel in culture and the arts before finding a troupe of vampires who pretend to be humans who pretend to be vampires to trick their prey. After it is revealed that Louis and Claudia killed Lestat, the theatrical vampires condemn Claudia to death by sunshine. I hate sunshine too. For those concerned for Louis, he lives, but is forever haunted by the death of Claudia. Try to keep in mind what a spoiled child with really good taste would wear…
1. Help me, I’m lost and have an undying bloodthirst
Dress by Christopher Kane, shoes by DVF
2. We’re moving to Paris because everybody else SUCKS
Dress by Chanel, shoes by Elie Saab
3. Oh great, now I’m getting burned alive, this is great, fantastic.
Dress by Oscar de la Renta, vest by Giambattista Valli, shoes by Nina Ricci
Enjoy this? Fine, here’s more vampires for ya:
Would you like to see some more? I have more, isn’t that great?
By now, you probably know that I’m a big fan of Jack Spade. I’d wager to say that most of my wardrobe is from there and although a hefty amount of that came from when I worked there, I’m still pretty loyal.
Another brand I’m loyal to? Coca-cola, because this is America and I am an American. True, I may fancy a Pepsi every now and then but you can’t have a burger without a Coke and you definitely can’t have a steak sandwich from La Esquina without one, blasphemy.
So today, when I heard the 2 had joined forces to celebrate Coca-Cola’s 125th anniversary, I was stoked. The pieces I’m most excited for? The hat, the tote, the iphone case and the t-shirt. Will I look like a Jack Spade x Coca-Cola evangelist? Yes. Do I care? Yes, because I love them both.
You can look at the rest of the collab on the newly redesigned (lookin’ good) Jack Spade website.
Here’s more crap that I want:
Princess Zelda is the HBIC of Hyrule. Together with Link, she must protect the kingdom from Ganon, the evil wizard/pig. This time, I decided to focus in on Zelda during The Ocarina of Time which remains to be one of my favorite video games to date. When we first meet Zelda she is young and becomes childhood friends with Link. Naturally, when we travel forward in time, she is older and wiser. She spends half of her adulthood disguised as Sheikh of the Sheikah tribe. When disguised, she helps guide Link in his quest to vanquish evil. Finally, she is revealed as the strong, wise and triforce wielding Princess Zelda. WOOO!!! NINTENDO!!!
1. Young Zelda
Dress by Sacai, top by Christopher Kane, shoes by Peter Pilotto
2. Ganon, if you mess with my man, I’m a be the one to bring it to ya
Everything Alexander McQueen
3. Sheikh of the Sheikah
Coat by Yigal Azrouel, dress by Alberta Feretti, shoes by Elie Tahari
Liked the Zelda Post, check these CRAZY ones out:
Lydia Deets is one of my favorite apathetic characters ever. Having watched Beetlejuice many times in my childhood, I like to think that her general negative attitude toward everything rubbed off on me. I can only my children grow up with the same pessimistic outlook. Anyway, Lydia finds herself stuck in Connecticut with her frantic mother and simple father. Little do they know, their new home is where the ghosts of Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis live, isn’t that fun? Lydia forms a relationship with them and has various misadventures in the netherworld where she runs into Beetlejuice. I’m a little hazy on the details but there are sandworms and witch doctors and almost a wedding. Also, the cartoon version was great.
1. Bride of Beetlejuice
Dress by Prabal Gurung, vest by Maison Martin Margiela, shoes by Celine
2. I myself am strange and unusual
Dress by Commun, coat by Prabal Gurung, shoes by Carven
3. Shake, Shake, Shake Senora
Dress by Christian Dior, vest by Lanvin, shoes by Acne
Did you enjoy this post? You might find these fun too:
Everybody knows a Luna Lovegood type, they’re that one quirky friend you have that you sometimes wish would stop talking but at the same time, you never want them to shut up. Well, maybe that’s a little harsh, let’s leave it at your one quirky friend. Of course, when it comes to Harry Potter, there is much more to Luna than meets the eye and she becomes instrumental in bringing down Voldemort. She’s easily one of the most entertaining characters in the story. So give it up for LL.
1. Passing out Quibblers on the train
Dress by Versus, top by Preen, shoes by Carven
2. Look out for the Nargles
Dress by Ashish, jacket by Loewe, shoes by Thakoon
3. Slug Club Christmas Party
Dress by Rodarte, shoes by Mary Katrantzou
Like Harry Potter? You’ll like these posts too: